Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firedad82
Binge Watcher

Re: Homekit no response

@Mccowg wrote:

Tried it again...removed TV from homekit, did the factory reset and so far so good it appears this time the reset worked!! Thanks for the help

Glad it worked. Something might have just got hung up the first time. 

0 Kudos
PizzaFace

Re: Homekit no response same issue

I am having the exact same issue. I add it to HomeKit and it works great until the TV has been off for about 15 minutes. HomeKit will then say "No Response" from the TV. I have tried factory resetting the TV twice and re-adding to HomeKit. I have the exact same issue every time.

Has anyone found a solution for this if a factory reset doesn't work?

GuitarMan64
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same trouble as @PizzaFace. I’ve tried literally everything. Spent hours resetting the TV multiple times, physically resetting the TV with the button above the HDMI ports, adjusted all the settings in the menu as previously recommended (fast start, etc.), turned AirPlay on and off, etc. I’m still cannot get my TV’s connection to sustain longer than 15 minutes with HomeKit. It’s very frustrating because it worked perfectly before, and that’s why I’ve embedded so many home automations around the TV’s power state. Roku, can you please help? Is this being addressed with the next update? It’s been since November that I’ve been having these difficulties. To be clear, I do love the TV, but these challenges with HomeKit make me want to use the TV less. 

Using a 55S405 TCL TV with built in 7105X Roku TV

firedad82
Binge Watcher

You have to remove it from HomeKit first. Then factory reset the tv. Try rebooting your home hub and then factory reset the tv. It’s worked for several others. 

0 Kudos
firedad82
Binge Watcher

@GuitarMan64 wrote:

I’m having the same trouble as @PizzaFace. I’ve tried literally everything. Spent hours resetting the TV multiple times, physically resetting the TV with the button above the HDMI ports, adjusted all the settings in the menu as previously recommended (fast start, etc.), turned AirPlay on and off, etc. I’m still cannot get my TV’s connection to sustain longer than 15 minutes with HomeKit. It’s very frustrating because it worked perfectly before, and that’s why I’ve embedded so many home automations around the TV’s power state. Roku, can you please help? Is this being addressed with the next update? It’s been since November that I’ve been having these difficulties. To be clear, I do love the TV, but these challenges with HomeKit make me want to use the TV less. 

Using a 55S405 TCL TV with built in 7105X Roku TV

Remove the tv from HomeKit first and then try rebooting your home hub and then factory reset the tv. This method has worked for many others. Yes it has to be done a certain way or it won’t fix the issue. Good luck. I’ve made a youtube video to address this issue. 

GuitarMan64
Channel Surfer

@firedad82 I genuinely appreciate the input. I’ve tried all of those things, but I have not tried that exact sequence. Again, I’ll try your sequence of removing from HomeKit>factory reset the tv>rebooting home hub>then factory reseting the tv again. When factory resetting the TV, have you been pressing the physical button on the TV, or going through the menu settings on the TV? Thank you again for your help!

0 Kudos
firedad82
Binge Watcher

@GuitarMan64 wrote:

@firedad82 I genuinely appreciate the input. I’ve tried all of those things, but I have not tried that exact sequence. Again, I’ll try your sequence of removing from HomeKit>factory reset the tv>rebooting home hub>then factory reseting the tv again. When factory resetting the TV, have you been pressing the physical button on the TV, or going through the menu settings on the TV? Thank you again for your help!

Don’t reset twice. Just remove from HomeKit in the home app. Reboot your home hub be it an Apple TV, iPad or homepod and then factory reset the tv. Make sure it’s updated before you factory reset as this seems to have caused an issue for some. I’ve done the factory reset in the tv settings themselves. It took another person 2 times to get his working correctly, but the main thing is it has to be removed from the home app first or you’ll still have issues. Also sorry for the the delayed response. I don’t always check this forum. Check your pm. I’ll send my YouTube video. 

0 Kudos
GuitarMan64
Channel Surfer

@firedad82 wrote:

@GuitarMan64 wrote:

Don’t reset twice. Just remove from HomeKit in the home app. Reboot your home hub be it an Apple TV, iPad or homepod and then factory reset the tv. Make sure it’s updated before you factory reset as this seems to have caused an issue for some. I’ve done the factory reset in the tv settings themselves. It took another person 2 times to get his working correctly, but the main thing is it has to be removed from the home app first or you’ll still have issues. Also sorry for the the delayed response. I don’t always check this forum. Check your pm. I’ll send my YouTube video. 

Got it. I have done that sequence before, and I always remove from HomeKit before resetting the TV, but I haven’t done it in a while so I’ll give it another try. Thank you again for the help! I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos