Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weslodman
Reel Rookie

Re: Homekit no response

FYI you can only use out of home controls if you have an Apple TV, iPad, or HomePod set up as a “home hub”.

0 Kudos
firedad82
Binge Watcher

I know this. That isn’t the issue. 

0 Kudos
firedad82
Binge Watcher

There was an update today and I was hoping it would fix the issue of showing no response after 15 minutes of turning it off, but it did not. So since There’s been little to no response from roku, I did a factory reset and it loaded all my apps back after signing in. The only downside is logging back into all your apps. But the tv now works in HomeKit as it should.  

0 Kudos
Porterlisw
Reel Rookie

Curious after a day or so if the issue returned? I might try the factory reset. Also, big surprise Roku Support has been as (un)responsive as your TV in HomeKit lol 

firedad82
Binge Watcher

@Porterlisw wrote:

Curious after a day or so if the issue returned? I might try the factory reset. Also, big surprise Roku Support has been as (un)responsive as your TV in HomeKit lol 

I did it last night around 6. Normally through the day it would sometimes respond and most of the time it wouldn’t, but it always showed no response after about 15 minutes of turning it off. Since I did a factory reset it has worked as it should and I haven’t had any issues with it. 

0 Kudos
Mccowg
Channel Surfer

I tried the factory reset and unfortunately no change.

firedad82
Binge Watcher

@Mccowg wrote:

I tried the factory reset and unfortunately no change.

Did you remove it from home app before factory resetting your tv? 

0 Kudos
Mccowg
Channel Surfer

Yes I did 

firedad82
Binge Watcher

@Mccowg wrote:

Yes I did 

I updated and still had the issue so then I factory reset and everything worked as it should. But first I removed the tv from the home app. Maybe try again. Maybe something got hung up. Not sure. If you didn’t update before you did the reset and it updated during the setup it could be an issue maybe. 

0 Kudos
Mccowg
Channel Surfer

Tried it again...removed TV from homekit, did the factory reset and so far so good it appears this time the reset worked!! Thanks for the help

0 Kudos