Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mccowg
Channel Surfer

Homekit no response

Updated my Roku TV to 9.4 and now have home kit.  I have enabled fast start and changed my power setting so it’s not in eco mode.  Whenever I shut off the tv it shows no response in homekit within 15 min.  Have to reset tv to get it back.

27 REPLIES 27
weslodman
Reel Rookie

Re: Homekit no response

I have this issue too. 
TCL brand TV.

TV goes unresponsive to Home app and HomePod after a period of time.

Turning the TV on with remote does not restore connectivity

firedad82
Binge Watcher

I am having the same issue on one of my TCL TVs. After turning it on go to system/power/restart and it restores until you turn it off again. I’ve been trying everything I can think of for 2 days and I can’t figure out why it does it on one and not the other. Both identical. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what devices are you using with your Homekit
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce this issue

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
firedad82
Binge Watcher

Today and yesterday this happened where I was gone and not home and I could control the tv I’m having issues with. Seems to only work when I’m connected to Wi-Fi away from home. If I use cellular it shows no response.

I have a TCL 7111X s/n YN00HS956445 latest update 9.4.0 build 4190-30 device is CN500H956445

0 Kudos
Mccowg
Channel Surfer

Roku tv 7232X

SHARP LC-60R6003U

SN YN00EE714633

software 9.4.0

Device ID KVF89E714633

when the tv is shut off it looses its connection with homekit within about 15 min. All power saving modes are currently shut off and fast start is enabled.

0 Kudos
Mccowg
Channel Surfer

Issue ID 33-473-767

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mccowg 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Porterlisw
Reel Rookie

I am having pretty much the same issue, except it’s not 15 minutes after shutdown, it’s just randomly not responding. I’d say that 90% of the time it does not work 

weslodman
Reel Rookie

Model: 711X

S/W version: 9.4.0.4190

Device ID: C681C487895

S/N: YN00CM487895

Issue ID: 95-488-188

HomeKit devices: Phillips Hue hub/lights, HomePod Mini, Apple TV 4, iPhone 12 Pro, Apple Watch series 6, all on latest software

Steps: there are no steps to reproduce. TV randomly stops responding to Siri and Home app. Airplay 2 features seem to work even when HomeKit indicates “no response”.