Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Home Screen App Order

I have 4 different Roku devices. Is there a way to have the apps on the home screen the same order on all of them?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Home Screen App Order

Sorry, no, at least not automatically.

You can move the channel apps around in the channel grid, but each device is separate.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks. I figured that was the case but didn't know if there was a way to save the layout online and have it upload to all devices if I wanted to.

You would think this would be an easy option for Roku to implement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

When you remove an app, it is only removed from that specific device.  So it's entirely possible to get out of sync if there were to be some sort of home screen synchronization of apps.  Usually on each Roku I just put my most used in the top 6 and bottom 3 so I can just scroll either direction to get what I'm after fastest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

@twiceover wrote:

When you remove an app, it is only removed from that specific device.  

???  When you remove an app, it is removed from your ACCOUNT, and applies to all devices.  I wondered if this happens instantaneously or just the next time the device updates, so I tested by removing a little used channel from one of my devices -- it was gone from the other one by the time I walked one room down the hall to view the other set.

I think you meant when you MOVE an app...

@twiceover wrote:

Usually on each Roku I just put my most used in the top 6 and bottom 3 so I can just scroll either direction to get what I'm after fastest.

I do the same. I have several frequently-used audio-only channels and I group them at the bottom.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, the original question pertained to Moving an app and the order you place them all in.

When you add or remove an app it mirrors it in your account across all devices. I just wanted the layout (top 6 or whatever) to mirror the same way.

Maybe someday...

0 Kudos