Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hitachi Roku Tv sold as Roku TV does not have internal Roku.

When I purchased a new Roku(because the one which came with the TV said it was out of date) I was told it would work the same as the one that came with the TV.  I would be able to use the same TV/Roku remote.  It did not.  TV/Roku remote only works with TV.  What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Hitachi Roku Tv sold as Roku TV does not have internal Roku.

If your TV was one of the early ones with an MHL Roku Stick, yes the TV remote would control both the TV and the Roku. However, the MHL version was dropped many years ago, and it's next to impossible to find MHL anything any longer. And yes, the MHL Roku Stick is very old and not supported by Roku and many of the available channels. 

Unfortunately, you will not have any way of controlling both the Roku and the TV with a single remote. If your replacement Roku is a new version of the Stick, they are WiFi Direct only remotes, and you cannot use an IR remote for them. If instead you purchased any other Roku player (Express, Premiere, Ultra), they will work with an IR remote, so it would be possible to use a universal remote to control both the Roku and the TV. But that might be more effort than it's worth to set up. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos