Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Hisense Roku TV + Google Assistant

Hi,

I'm in the UK and have a Hisense Roku TV model number R55B7120UK. I've followed the steps and added this to my Google Home app and linked the device. However I am not able to use voice commands, to change volume or pause TV. It doesn't matter what channel I am on. I understand that with Netflix this is not supported. But when issuing a voice command Google says "try using the name of the device" as if it cannot recognise the device name. Ive tried relinking and disabling/renenabling Fast TV start.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Hisense Roku TV + Google Assistant

Today it is recognising the device but saying "Sorry, something went wrong and I am unable to control your home device".

Roku TV is on latest software.

Tried relinking through Google Home app multiple times.

Tried turn on/off Fast TV start

Any ideas? This should work. What's going on?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

i have the same problem, with a roku express and google assistant devices, latest software.

i found a workaround by installing quick remote on an android device and linked that one with google assistant, but it is annoying, especially as roku links in google home app.

here is a link to the app in google play store. #https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appestry.clicker#

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I don't want to install 3rd party apps, when this should just work natively between Roku and Google Assistant. Thank you for the suggestion though!

How annoying.

Any response likely from Roku themselves?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

All I found was some broken links from their support. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It is still recognising the device but if I ask it to "pause Roku TV" it says "Sorry, something went wrong and I am unable to control your home device".

If I ask it to "turn on/off Roku TV" it says "Sure", but nothing actually happens.

Roku TV is on latest software.

Tried re-linking through Google Home app multiple times.

Tried turn on/off Fast TV start setting.

Roku support - does the Google Assistant not work with the Hisense Roku TV R55B7120UK?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It should work. At least this is what they said. Once we get the new 9.3 firmware update, it will. Yet I couldn’t make it work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

https://community.roku.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/265142 I just bought a roku streaming stick, and voice command with google assistant works perfectly. I couldn’t make it work with a Roku Express. For you guys that have the Roku TV either Hisense or TCL, I think it’s a matter of time. What I could find out was that software needs to be 9.3 to work with Google Assistant or Alexa in UK. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks. Will wait for a new version and hope. Although this tutorial by Roku says that in the UK, the Roku OS needs to be 9.1+. My TV is on 9.2... so according to their own article, it should work?

https://blog.roku.com/en-gb/ask-the-google-assistant-to-find-and-control-your-entertainment-on-roku-...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Unfortunately no. You can use a third party until 9.3 is out. I believe is somewhere in August for tv’s in UK. I’ve put a link for google play in an earlier reply. But it only has about 50 voice commands/month free. 

0 Kudos