Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Help please! New Premiere + will not search button goes to menu and can't find Hulu

Just bought a brand new Premiere Plus off Amazon and I set it up correctly following each step to a tee. But it will not let me search and when I hold down the microphone button on the voice remote it just beeps once and returns to the menu screen. I have factory reset it and tried doing all the setup again but it still is doing the same thing!!! The apps and channels it has are limited and strange. Like it has netflix and apple tv but no other major streaming channels. There's no Hulu or any of the major channels that were supposed to come with it. I hit the Hulu button on the remote and it doesn't do anything either. Please help me!!!! Thank you!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Help please! New Premiere + will not search button goes to menu and can't find Hulu

Where are you located?  Some channels and features (like search) don't work outside the U.S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Help please! New Premiere + will not search button goes to menu and can't find Hulu

I'm located in Tennessee. I thought about that but my router says USA and so I have no idea what is going on. And of course you can't speak to roku tech support unless you buy the ultra. So I'm at a loss on what to do??? I use a mobile broadband Netgear Unite Wifi Hotspot to get on the internet and I have never had any trouble connecting my smart tv and computers and phone... so I don't know how that could cause it. I just don't know what to do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

It kind of sounds like it was setup for a foreign country.  I would have thought that a factory reset would clear all that out, but I really don't know.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.  Otherwise you may have to wait until Monday when one of the Roku forum moderators comes back.  They don't usually respond on weekends.

If you go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ on one of your other devices does it show your location correctly?

Sorry I can't be more help,

-JT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hey it says my IP address is in Kentucky... I live in Tennessee but maybe that's where the At&t hub is? Would that really matter? Or should it say my exact location? If it was set up for another country, how do I change that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

It says my IP is out New York City, when i'm actually in Iowa. 

When doing a factory reset it needs to powered and you need to press hold something in the pinhole for at least 50 seconds. 

Edmund
0 Kudos