Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAA_Japan
Level 7

Help! No search function - ROKU Ultra

I recently purchased a ROKU ULTRA and there is no search function.  I've tried about 10 times to pair the remote it but it refuses to work (took out the batteries ext).  Voice button does not work.  Only works as a home button.  In the main menu there is also no search function either (??).  I installed the IOS app and there is no search function or voice function in the APP working.  I'm running my ROKU through a brand new Denon AVR-X1500H 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver hooked up to a OPTIMA 4K projector.  Any advice?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Help! No search function - ROKU Ultra

Your profile doesn't list a location, although your username indicates it might be Japan.

Not all Roku features are available in all area. I believe Roku is only supported in United States, Canada, France, United Kingdom, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, & Peru.

Some features might not even be available in certain of those locations. Outside those locations, there is a greater chance that functionality isn't available.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AAA_Japan
Level 7

Thank you for your reply.  Yes I'm in Tokyo.  Bought a box through ROKU on amazon not knowing this.... Smiley Sad  They were happy to ship it to me.  There should have been shipping restrictions on it if it doesn't work.  

Are their any fixes to get around this?  DNS?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"AAA_Japan" wrote:
Thank you for your reply.  Yes I'm in Tokyo.  Bought a box through ROKU on amazon not knowing this.... Smiley Sad  They were happy to ship it to me.  There should have been shipping restrictions on it if it doesn't work.  

Are their any fixes to get around this?  DNS?

Oh, discussions about getting around geo-restrictions are a no-no.

If the Roku device won't suit your purposes there, you might want to look at returning it. Amazon generally is good about that.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
jb0om
Level 7

Umm this seems a little silly. Not having the ability to search is a pretty big deal. I'm in the same boat. Content restrictions make sense but crippling other features? How is that fair??? I bought the device in large part because of the ability to do a voice search and now here I am in South East Asia with limited ability to even return it. Not impressed.
trekkeriii
Level 10

"jb0om" wrote:
Umm this seems a little silly. Not having the ability to search is a pretty big deal. I'm in the same boat. Content restrictions make sense but crippling other features? How is that fair??? I bought the device in large part because of the ability to do a voice search and now here I am in South East Asia with limited ability to even return it. Not impressed.

Because Roku doesn't have access to the specific channels that have the content in your area, makes sense that it cannot search for the content in those channels (apps) either. Most of the apps that Roku can search doesn't work in your area. So, the content restrictions applies to why the search doesn't work.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos