Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffinmarket
Level 7

Re: Has the 2020 Ultra already been recalled?

Got mine today and it does not recognize the 4k status of my tv. Until today I had the older version of Roku ultra connected to the same tv, same cables and it was working. Wanted the new one so I bought it. Didn’t change the cables, just the box, and it doesn’t recognize the 4k like the old model did. Goes straight to 720p

0 Kudos
Philt56
Level 7

Does it force it to be dolby vision? Are you using auto for display setting?bwhat if you set 4k directly...

but I tried a fire tv and it did the same thing. What tv do you have?

0 Kudos
Philt56
Level 7

I just saw my Roku updated a couple days ago. Airplay is now working! Although a couple YouTube videos would just pause and I’d have to hit play to resume. 

I redid the display setting on auto and now it detects my tv as HDR10 4k. No mention of dolby vision. 

0 Kudos
Enger
Level 7

This seems like a straight forward question.

The obvious consequential question, WHY hasn't an employee of Roku responded definitively.

If we are asked to buy-into the Roku eco-system, a key component is trustworthy, INFORMED information flow from the company to the loyal customers.

I know Roku's main goal is to obtain revenue share from the channels (fighting over the split has been in a series of news articles lately).  BUT the primary value is derived from wide spread usage.  If people abandon Roku because they are tight-lipped/arrogant/condescending then Roku will lose its leverage to demand big revenue cut from the channels.

ROKU needs to treat the end-consumer as intelligent beings, not just cattle to be milked.

0 Kudos