Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Has the 2020 Ultra already been recalled?

Walmart had some on their shelves today, (10/16) but when I tried to purchase one, I was informed that the units had all been recalled and that they could not sell me one. I also noticed that Ultras are back ordered on every website including Amazon now. Is there a problem?

13 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Has the 2020 Ultra already been recalled?

No, they haven't been recalled. The ones on the shelf were the in black box? Which is the 4670 the 2019 Ultra. The new 2020 Ultra comes in a purple box, its model number 4800r.  On-line they're just sold out. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

I went to Walmart as well, I was told that they did have them but they couldn't sell me one because they were recalled. I asked if they were the new ones in the purple box and the manager at Walmart said yes but I'm sorry I can't sell you one because of the recall, and tried to sell me a TV. Best buy also showed some in stock but when I tried to reserve one for curb side pick up it would change the date to 10/21. There's definitely something up with the Roku Ultra 2020. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Dear Roku,

I have been an user of your products for years. Since Roku 2, Express, and many others. I searched for someone who could sell me the new Roku Ultra 2020.
I found that I could go to three Walmarts that said they were available Limited quantity.

The first in, Olive Branch, MS, said they were unloading the truck and to come back tomorrow. 

I went to another, Hernando, MS and found four on the self. I took one to the counter and they said they couldn’t sell it to me.

Shocked, I ask for a reason. After some time the manger said it was probably a special holiday sale item. 

I then ask to see the manager above her.
Meanwhile, the lady comes out and removed your product from the shelf.

The next manager comes out and said Roku recalled them probably because it will catch on fire! I looked this up and told him that the 2016 model is the only item I could find with problems.

A third manager ask if she could help and after she went back and spoke to the 2nd manger, they both returned and said this product was on recall and they can not sell me one...

Attached are pictures ...and I also have video.

My question is: have you recalled the Roku Ultra 2020 from the Walmart Stores?

Thanks for a response,

Highlighted
Level 9

It was just too soon to buy it.  Roku/Walmart wouldn't allow the sale until today (in their system).  I tried to buy on Saturday and it wouldn't ring up...the guy said it was on hold for Black Friday (LOL!).

I went back today and bought it no problem.

Same goes for movies and music sometimes, and the system won't let them sell it before the release date.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I pre-ordered on Amazon and was given the delivery date of today, Oct. 19th. This morning that delivery date changed to Nov 12th. Also, when you google "roku ultra 2020 ship date", google says Oct. 18th, 2020 as a quote from a Roku.com site.

It seems something has gone wrong and they pulled back almost a month to fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I think that's due to inventory issues as I also pre-ordered from Amazon with a 10/15 release date. A week or so ago, it changed to "Arriving on 10/19" and around 3am today, it said the order has been delayed with no ETA.

That's why I went back to Walmart who had 4 of them...

This player with Dolby Vision is at least 2 years overdue, so perhaps there's a big demand...and well, COVID... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got one at target today. Looked like the only one on the shelf. Although it doesn’t show up on their web site. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I don't know but I definitely think the 2019 model should be. It gets so hot and freezes , restarts on it's own and now after the update I have staticy noise. Frustrating 😤 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Awesome! This is the model I have that doesn't work and I can't ahold of anyone. They also haven't emailed me about any recall which is surprising considering my device is faulty. Horrible customer service and management.