Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JodiBoda
Level 7

Re: HELP! Roku won't stop talking

Jump to solution
"Tnero95501" wrote:
"squintus" wrote:
It drove me crazy too. It's a different path on my Roku stick: Settings > Accessibility > Audio Guide

I registered on this forum just to thank you... It was making me nuts!! I have a couple Roku devices but the one I was using is a premiere- your path was the correct one

I did the same! Thank the Lord you were here. I was about to lose my mind!
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
This was annoying me for the longest time. Go to settings> accessibility> audio guide> then select off
0 Kudos
ChristopherE
Level 7

Jump to solution
For those of you with a Roku Ultra:  Settings - Accessibility - Audio Guide - Off
and the magic voice goes AAWWAAAYY.......
0 Kudos
Jennbear1108
Level 7

Jump to solution
None of this is working for me. I have searched every inch of the settings, no accessibility tab, no audio guide, and *4 times does nothing. Help! It is driving me nuts. I know my kid did something but I can’t figure it out at all.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Jump to solution
"Jennbear1108" wrote:
None of this is working for me. I have searched every inch of the settings, no accessibility tab, no audio guide, and *4 times does nothing. Help! It is driving me nuts. I know my kid did something but I can’t figure it out at all.

Need info on your device. Settings > System > About
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
lfayb
Level 8

Jump to solution
"Jennbear1108" wrote:

Maybe it would help someone to help you if you told what model of Roku you have.  My rokus  all have  Accessibility in the settings menu.    But  mine are fairly new.
0 Kudos
Jennbear1108
Level 7

Jump to solution
Model 4200X Roku 3
0 Kudos
mcnabb0579
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks for the forum. My problem started a few days ago when the ROKU TV was 'talking' about the status. Very annoying. Pressed * 4x and it worked!  
Is was embarrassing typing into google 'roku tv is talking' but it did lead me to this forum (and signed up to leave a reply).
The "Alexa, mute TV" does work, but it mutes everything!

(To Jennbear… I don't know how old your kid is, but you might ask him for help, they're pretty good at this stuff.) 
kalona
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you for giving me the right answer. It was not available on mine. I think I lost a third of my brain cells. Pressing the * buttons 4 times quickly did it.
😂
0 Kudos
kalona
Level 7

Jump to solution
Mine was a woman's voice. Eek.
Plus on my 3800x. It doesn't have accessibility mode. Option button * 4 times quickly worked for me.
0 Kudos