Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinasolak
Level 7

Re: HELP! Roku won't stop talking

Jump to solution
I have tried the star 4x solution and it did nothing.  I also went to my tv settings and audio is turned off.  Please help with this issue.
0 Kudos
cooltsa64
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks RokuShawnS. That fixed mine but it was. Settings>Accesibility>Audio Guide> * 4 times
Thanks again he was getting annoying.. Thought i was hearing things at first. Lol
reddice
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RokuMarkn" wrote:
It is a legal requirement that video devices sold in the United States have this feature, per the Communications and Video Accessibility Act.

--Mark

Whats next random Amber and EAS tests.  Really stupid rule.  At least you can turn it off which I did.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
MikeFromMesa
Level 7

Jump to solution
"reddice" wrote:
Whats next random Amber and EAS tests.  Really stupid rule.  At least you can turn it off which I did.

I believe that it is for those who may be legally blind or have some other sight disability. Being legally blind does not necessarily mean that they can not see, but only that they have great difficulty in seeing. Giving them a way to hear what is being changed means that they have better control over the remote that they may be using and the Americans With Disabilities Act probably mandates this requirement. Similarly Closed Captioning helps those with a hearing disability or who are just learning English.

I personally don't think that either are stupid requirements as they help those who are disabled with a minimum of problems for the rest of us.
0 Kudos
AldenRed
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Settings > System > Audio Guide.

Or press the * key on the remote 4x.

C. Shawn Smith

God Bless you sir. My dog stepped on the remote and i could NOT figure it out. Was only on for about a half hour but that was enough. * (X4) was a quick, easy fix. If only every problem was so easily solved.
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
"reddice" wrote:
"RokuMarkn" wrote:
It is a legal requirement that video devices sold in the United States have this feature, per the Communications and Video Accessibility Act.

--Mark

Yeah, why would we want to give those darn blind people some sort of head start in life, anyway?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Dornbos
Level 7

Jump to solution
"Heyitsrick" wrote:
"Alexa, mute Roku."

Now THAT'S funny!
19Monkey56
Level 7

Jump to solution
Perfect!! I hit the star button 4 times, problem solved. I tried everything till I finally thought to come here.  THANK YOU!!
Tnero95501
Level 7

Jump to solution
"squintus" wrote:
It drove me crazy too. It's a different path on my Roku stick: Settings > Accessibility > Audio Guide

I registered on this forum just to thank you... It was making me nuts!! I have a couple Roku devices but the one I was using is a premiere- your path was the correct one
0 Kudos
JodiBoda
Level 7

Jump to solution
"MikeFromMesa" wrote:
"reddice" wrote:

I believe that it is for those who may be legally blind or have some other sight disability. Being legally blind does not necessarily mean that they can not see, but only that they have great difficulty in seeing. Giving them a way to hear what is being changed means that they have better control over the remote that they may be using and the Americans With Disabilities Act probably mandates this requirement. Similarly Closed Captioning helps those with a hearing disability or who are just learning English.

I personally don't think that either are stupid requirements as they help those who are disabled with a minimum of problems for the rest of us.

**Standing Ovation**
0 Kudos