Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarabelle
Reel Rookie

HDMI error

I have gotten the HDMI error. I have gotten it before and followed instructions on plugging and unplugging / turning. on / off my Roku and TV . STILL getting the message . any suggestions on what else to do ? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI error

@Tarabelle wrote:

I have gotten the HDMI error. I have gotten it before and followed instructions on plugging and unplugging / turning. on / off my Roku and TV . STILL getting the message . any suggestions on what else to do ? 

Don't think I've ever heard of a Roku error mentioning HDMI.  With HDMI problems you typically just get a blank screes, with maybe a "no signal" error from the tv.  HDCP error, maybe?

What model and model number Roku? (Settings/System/About)

What Roku software number and when was it installed? (Settings/System update)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Matthew12345__
Reel Rookie

Re: HDMI error

I got the HDMI error code (HDCP) intermittently on my previous flagship QLED TV and also now on my LG CX TV, with the Streaming Stick+ so it's nothing to do with the TV, after searching through forums, it appears to be a common issue with no current solution

0 Kudos
lcmyers

Re: HDCP error -- Is Roku working on it

I am getting it as well.  We even tried replacing the cable to a newer one and that didn't help.  Does anyone know if Roku is working on this?  It is really annoying.

0 Kudos
Matthew12345__
Reel Rookie

I had this issue intermittently on my old Roku streaming Stick + though since updating to the streaming stick 4K using the same TV, i haven't noticed this so i'm not sure whether it was an issue with the stick or other?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lcmyers @Matthew12345__,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. What Roku model device are you using?
4. Have you tried checking this link for troubleshooting steps and tips to help resolve the issue: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos