Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daleorthner1
Level 7

Re: HDMI Port Broken

I had the same issue with my Roku 2. I purchased it 2/21/2016, plugged it in, and everything worked fine until the very first time I unplugged the HDMI port. The internal connector for the HDMI port is now just rattling around inside of the box. The good news is that support issued a RMA, so I'll be shipping it back and hopefully getting a replacement, without to much additional time and money spent. Roku should certainly fix this issue. It should only be about 0.5 cents of additional solder per unit to properly secure the HDMI port so it stops breaking off.
0 Kudos
damlandhanc
Level 7

Well I wish I had read this blog BEFORE I purchased the Roku Ultra!! Apparently this is an ongoing issue! I purchased this device on Amazon in Dec 2017. The HDMI port just came off one day!! Now it rattles around inside the device!! I haven't even had this 4 months!!! Amazon, of course, will not cover it past 30 days and Roku won't talk to you if you buy it from Amazon!! Truly AMAZING!! I EXPECT better service from AMAZON! I will not order ANYTHING from them again!!
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Roku will support it's product no matter where you bought it, as long as you can prove it was purchased new. Proof of purchase is all that's required.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"damlandhanc" wrote:
Well I wish I had read this blog BEFORE I purchased the Roku Ultra!! Apparently this is an ongoing issue! I purchased this device on Amazon in Dec 2017. The HDMI port just came off one day!! Now it rattles around inside the device!! I haven't even had this 4 months!!! Amazon, of course, will not cover it past 30 days and Roku won't talk to you if you buy it from Amazon!! Truly AMAZING!! I EXPECT better service from AMAZON! I will not order ANYTHING from them again!!

@damlandhanc:

Please send me a PM with the following information:

• Roku account email address;

• Serial number of the Roku unit

• Preferred contact phone number (and best time of day for follow-up;

CS will reach out to you for a warranty swap Smiley Happy
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos