Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lparsons21
Level 9

HBO Max coming to Roku 12/17!!

Reported in Variety today, HBO and Roku came to terms and HBO Max will launch tomorrow on Roku devices!!

Yay!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
JoeDirticus
Level 7

Re: HBO Max coming to Roku 12/17!!

It's a shame Roku has been doing this lately with more than one app that I wanted or use. To little to late, I've already moved onto Google's newest 4k Chromecast and have been watching it amongst many other apps.

The only ones that suffered during all of this, is us, so the way I see it, Roku no longer need my business if they're going to keep the apps that we want, off.

0 Kudos
Lparsons21
Level 9

Since all these little streaming boxes are so cheap, I don’t think that way.  I’ve been wanting a one box solution that covered the services I would be interested and that had a UI I liked.  And casting to me, just doesn’t get the job done, it is just a 2nd rate solution IMO.

Now with this last service I’m interested in coming to the Roku, it might end up being that one box.

Actually I had thought AppleTV would be it, love the UI and performance.  But it has the worst possible remote IMO, and Hulu on AppleTV doesn’t do DD5.1 audio.

0 Kudos
JoeDirticus
Level 7

Hands down for me is Nvidia Shield over the Roku when it comes to specs. I have two of both. Personally I'm sick of having that many things under my tv, outside of my HTPC and receiver. Plus there are a ton of things you can sideload on the Shield whether it is apps, emulators,or games.

Truth of it is I bought a couple of Pixel 5 phones and they sent me two of them for free. I personally like the new 4k Chromecast, although the older versions were pretty **bleep** as I had them too, if the Android TV OS doesn't have the app natively, my android phone does. And I'm very happy with picture and sound coming out of the very hidden dongle behind my TV. That's just me though.

0 Kudos