Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JCham
Level 7

Guest Mode

Jump to solution
Hello. I have two questions I hope someone can answer. First, can someone confirm that a guest cannot sign into their own Roku account when they use Guest Mode; they can only sign into the channels that are on Roku Guest Mode. Second, does anyone experience not being able to sign out of Guest Mode from the Roku device? I can only sign out by going to my online account.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Guest Mode

Jump to solution

Please see the following support article for more information about using Guest Mode on your Roku device:https://support.roku.com/article/360015612834-how-do-i-set-up-guest-mode-on-my-roku-streaming-device...

You do not have to factory reset a Roku device to exit Guest Mode—this is done online from your Roku account at my.roku.com

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azurenepsa
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, you can't log in to your Roku account when in Guest Mode.  I thought I would be able to do this when I tried a few months ago.  I wanted to view the Roku Channel premium add-ons on my mom's Roku.  I even tried casting the premium channels from my phone's Roku app to the Roku in Guest Mode, but that wouldn't work either.

And yes, I was also unable to sign out of Guest Mode on the Roku.  I'd have thought Roku would have fixed this major problem by now. I had to factory reset the unit.  At that time, I don't think the Roku had the latest OS required for signing out via the Roku website.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please see the following support article for more information about using Guest Mode on your Roku device:https://support.roku.com/article/360015612834-how-do-i-set-up-guest-mode-on-my-roku-streaming-device...

You do not have to factory reset a Roku device to exit Guest Mode—this is done online from your Roku account at my.roku.com

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos