Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owen7463
Level 7

Guest Mode for a Rental Property

I've seen similar questions to mine but no real resolution --- I am buying a rental property and want to provide renters the ability to stream their current subscriptions like Netflix/Amazon through ROKU, but ensure 1) they don't have access to my credit card info for purchases, 2) it is easy to reboot for the next renter if the 1st renter forgets to log off subscriptions.

It appears the Guest Mode may be the ticket.  A few additional questions:

1. If I set up the ROKU devices at the rental and include them in my current account, when I switch the rental devices into Guest Mode is it going to affect the devices at my home too, or will the switch be contained just to the devices at the rental?

2. Should I instead just consider having an independent account for the rental property devices?

3. It is easy to manage remotely from my account information online, e.g. knock out the old renter's info in preparation for the new renter if not done by the old renter?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Guest Mode for a Rental Property

This page should answer most of your questions:
https://support.roku.com/article/360015612834
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos