Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curtpair
Level 7

Guest Mode Not working

I have several Roku devices...

When trying to use my Roku Stick... I can't seem to get "Guest Mode" to work.  I 'sign out' of my 'normal' account... the Roku reboots... then says it needs to connect to the network... I select the wireless network, the same network it uses when in normal mode, with the same SSID and password...  The Roku stick then accepts the settings and all appears great; it appears to have found the network...

Then the screen goes back to guest sign in... and it hangs up!   It appears that the 'circle' graphic is hung up on the right side of the screen... all I can do is select the " * " key and reconnect to the network... I end up in a cycle of doing this over and over again.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2\
Jenhood446
Level 7

Re: Guest Mode Not working

I’m having the same issue. I enable guest mode and then sign out on desired date and network connection disconnects. I have to reconnect to WiFi and then sign out. And then go in to the main account and renter the  WiFi info to reconnect again! 

using Onn Roku TV

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Guest Mode Not working

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the steps provided by our Support page here: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide the steps to reproduce the issue and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos