Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Google home stopped controlling Roku TV - US

Hi Everyone, I've seen a few posts dating back to over a year ago with this issue, but this just happened about 4 days ago where Google Home says its unavailable right now, I've restarted both, rebooted the home network, check settings incase they changed (no changes).

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

TCL Roku 6102X 55US5800

sw build 9.2.0 4805-22

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Google home stopped controlling Roku TV - US

@JuanMaddox1 Thanks for the note. This issue can occur if you are trying to use your Roku TV in a location that this feature is not currently supported, or may occur if you are using location altering software such as a VPN, etc. The Roku skill for Google Assistant is only currently supported in the US at this time. 

To troubleshoot this issue in general, we'd recommend trying to remove the skill from your Google Home app, and go through the process of setting it up once again. You can see the steps for this here: https://support.roku.com/article/360009649613-how-do-i-use-the-google-assistant-with-my-roku-streami...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem and am in the US.  It started about two days ago.  I have fast start enabled, everything was working fine and now Google Home says my Roku is not responding.  When I pull up the Roku TV in the Google Home app, it shows the Roku as "Not Responding".  I have unlinked the Roku in the Google Home app and it doesn't help.  I can unplug the TV, wait about 5 minutes and plug it back in and everything will work find until I turn the TV off and come back after an hour or so and Google Home says the Roku TV is not responding.  Any Suggestions?

Highlighted
Level 19

@mackross01  Thanks for the note. A couple more questions here: 

- Do you have Fast TV Start enabled on your TV? 

- When you see the message about the TV not responding, do you see the time/clock appearing in the upper righthand corner of your Roku TV Home screen? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post.

- Yes, I have Fast Start enabled.

- No, I do not see a time/clock appearing in the upper righthand corner of my Roku TV.  The message about the Roku is not responding is in the Google Home app, not on the tv.

Update:  When I posted my previous message, the Goggle Home was saying that the Roku TV was not available.  I left the house for about four hours and when I returned, everything was working again.  The Google Home turned on my Roku with no problem.  This is the first time it corrected itself without me unplugging the TV and restarting it.

Thanks for your help

Highlighted
Level 7

I’m confused if you even read our actual complaints. For everyone you continue to reply with the same things. Even asking the last poster I’d he had fast start turned on after he had previously stated he did. I am having the same issue with it not working with google home. It was fine when first installed. Then not even 5 mins later it says the roku is unavailable. This is issue needs resolved not called solved after you in no way helped the problem. This is very poor support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am also facing the same issue but after, but after reset google home and using VPN its start working but again stop working, so not any clear solution now

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm also occurred the same issue on controlling the TV, if I am using VPN its starts working but again stops working. ome tv, bazoocam, ome tv,

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for the solution.

0 Kudos