Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Google Home, YouTube voice commands

I am having the same problem on my Roku device. It used to work but it hasn’t in months. Any updates on this?

it used to work on my old Roku stick. I upgraded to Roku Streaming Stick+ version and it stopped working.

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Google Home, YouTube voice commands

Yeah I'm in the same boat here. Just bought a Roku Premier to replace my older equivalent model, I can launch YouTube by voice but can't pause/play/anything else once I'm actually in the app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is anyone from Roku going to respond? Obviously this is an issue for multiple people...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No one will help, Google sends me to Roku, Roku sends me to Google, Google sends me back to Roku, Roku sends me to TCL, TCL sends me back to Roku....I went in circles for a week so I gave up, they obviously don't want to help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Usually the best way to deal with YouTube is to use the app on your phone/tablet to browse/search and cast to the TV when you find what you want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I *am* using my phone to cast to TV. Still won't do anything by voice while I'm casting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

That's, ummm, "interesting".   I've always found voice commands to be too inconsistent to bother with except for having alexa power on/off and maybe start some of the apps (recognizes some, doesn't some). But, it looks like each app handles voice differently.   YouTube seems to not recognize "pause" at all whether send from the remote, the phone app, or alexa.  Amazon Video recognizes the word but doesn't have it as a command and doesn't do anything.  Plex recognizes the word and pauses, but unless pronounced very carefully when using the remote it would mistake it for "I was", exit from the app and do a search instead.  It always worked from the phone app or alexa, though (alexa being easier since it's always listening).

0 Kudos