Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wsuplat

Re: Google Home + Roku -> No Longer Turns TV on/off but can perform all other operations

Jump to solution

This worked for me.

0 Kudos
ChrJim

Re: Google Home + Roku -> No Longer Turns TV on/off but can perform all other operations

Jump to solution

Same problem. I have a TV downstairs that “magically” is left turned on and I was tell Google to turn it off and would. Now, Google says it’s doing it but the TV never goes off. Now upstairs TV want turn on or off. Frustrating because it was very convenient when it worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ChrJim

Thanks for the post.

Other users in this thread have reported that enabling Fast Start on their device resolved their issue. Have you already tried this to see if it resolves the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ChrJim wrote:

Same problem. I have a TV downstairs that “magically” is left turned on and I was tell Google to turn it off and would. Now, Google says it’s doing it but the TV never goes off. Now upstairs TV want turn on or off. Frustrating because it was very convenient when it worked. 

HomeKit support seems to be reliable for power, if you have any Apple devices such as an iPhone, iPad, HomePod, etc.  I used it for a while until I disabled HDMI CEC on my setup for other reasons.

I haven't been following this thread in so long, I forgot I had subscribed to it.  I quit using Roku integration with Google, and Alexa because, for Google, I find Android TV works much better, and has more functionality in what you can do.  Maybe Roku has updated their smart home integration, and it's better now.  However, haven't tried it recently.

0 Kudos