Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserDave
Level 7

Getting a Link code after setup is complete and Roku device is running

My Roku Premier device is no longer linked to my Roku account - I can't see it when I log into my account on my computer. The Roku device works fine. How do I get a new link code?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Getting a Link code after setup is complete and Roku device is running

The only way to get a link code is to factory reset the Roku and set it up as new. 

But if you show the Roku attached to your account on the Settings/System/About page, and it probably does if the Roku is still working correctly, then you don't need to worry about it being linked. @RokuDanny-R might be able to assist with finding out why the web site isn't showing it. But it's more important that the device itself shows it's linked. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
UserDave
Level 7

Thanks very much for your reply. I agree that the Roku device is ok so no worries there. However, I am trying to add a channel with a code (from a browser on my laptop) and I get the message that there is no device linked to my account....

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@UserDave wrote:

Thanks very much for your reply. I agree that the Roku device is ok so no worries there. However, I am trying to add a channel with a code (from a browser on my laptop) and I get the message that there is no device linked to my account....

True, that does make it more difficult. Any chance you have more than one account? Have you verified the email address shown on the Roku settings page I noted above matches the account you use to log into the Roku web site? 

I ask that because sometimes scammers have created new accounts for users when they "fixed" the authentication of a new device, and the user might not even be aware of it. Did someone ask you to pay to register your Roku?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos