Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Getting HBO Max ap to work

I have a Roku Express 3700x. I subscribe to Hulu(not the live TV) and added HBO Max yesterday. I cannot get access to the shows I want on HBO MAX.  I know they ae offered but I can't get them. Is my device too old. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Getting HBO Max ap to work

The HBO Max channel is not yet available on Roku devices. From what I've heard, accessing it through third parties like Hulu doesn't offer access to everything available from Max. Hopefully Roku and HBO will come to an agreement soon on releasing Max on Roku devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

It gets even better:
HBO just updated all of their HBO NOW apps today to automatically make them all HBO MAX..  

"Your provider does not support this content."

I watch HBO on iOS more than I use it on Roku, so I just cancelled my subscription through Roku.  When it expires, I'll just sign up directly through HBO instead.  Roku's loss. 

I'd advise you to do the same.  It's not fair to pay $14.99 a month for CONSIDERABLY less content than everyone else is getting for the same amount.  

Highlighted
Level 20

@lostsignal825 wrote:

It gets even better:
HBO just updated all of their HBO NOW apps today to automatically make them all HBO MAX..  

"Your provider does not support this content."

I watch HBO on iOS more than I use it on Roku, so I just cancelled my subscription through Roku.  When it expires, I'll just sign up directly through HBO instead.  Roku's loss. 

I'd advise you to do the same.  It's not fair to pay $14.99 a month for CONSIDERABLY less content than everyone else is getting for the same amount.  

I personally have no interest in the channel. But if HBO made an end run around Roku with an update to HBONow, that's great news for many users. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos