Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sweetwaid

Frustrated with the setup!

I'm trying to set up my Roku Express 4K and it is correctly detecting that my TV has 4K HDR, but it will not change in the settings to anything higher than 720p.  When I click to change to the higher resolution, the device resets and when it comes back on there is an error message saying "you didn't confirm the new selection so the previous display type is restored" and it goes back to 720P.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Frustrated with the setup!

@Sweetwaid 

After you complete Setup in 720p, from Roku Home Screen you can navigate to Settings...Display Type (press OK or use right arrow) and change the Display type there.  After selecting the correct type, does a quick test and presents options 1. OK, go to "x"   2. Cancel  3. I've changed something, retry

Just highlight the appropriate action and press OK.  (Screen should flicker and ask for confirmation)

In the event test fails, another option is presented "Force output to 4k UHD "x" Hz.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Frustrated with the setup!

@Sweetwaid-

When you change the Display type to a new setting it runs you through several screens:

• A screen where you can choose from the available options on that device.
  • A screen where it analyzes your choice to be sure your tv supports it, then gives the option of trying that choice if you wish.
  • A screen with a countdown timer and two choices:
        Yes, screen looks good
        No, I will choose a different setting
    The "No" option is highlighted by default. To keep the Display Type you're currently trying, you need to arrow up to the "Yes" option and click on it before the timer runs out.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos