Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot Parental code

I forgot my parental code. Do I have to factory reset my tv?
5 REPLIES 5
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Forgot Parental code

You could ask the little creeps what it is cause they probably figured it out.

Otherwise the answer is probably yes.

If you log in with the same account it should have saved your Channels and such.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Forgot Parental code

[post moved to appropriate board]

@LoverGirl19 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When setting up parental controls you will be required to create a 4-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number) that will be used for enabling and disabling parental controls and changing related settings. Do not forget your PIN. If you do, only a factory reset will allow you to gain access to these settings. For more information on how to perform a factory reset visit our Support page here: 

Please note: Your parental controls PIN is different from your Roku account PIN.

For more information regarding parental controls, visit our Support page here: How do I block content using parental controls?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Athomas1

Re: Forgot Parental code how to reset or change

I forgot my political troll pin number how do I reset or change it to unblock channels

0 Kudos

Re: Forgot Parental codecccccccccccccccc

Hi Danny, is Roku just the same as all streaming devices and TVs in that clever children can just factory reset to get round these obviously weak parental controls??

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Forgot Parental codecccccccccccccccc

@Flashcucumber, yes, but they'd have to create their own Roku account and link the factory reset device to it to do anything with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos