Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Force Roku TV OS Update?

Jump to solution

How can I force my Roku-enabled TV to update to the latest OS (in this case 9.4)?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Force Roku TV OS Update?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku will be rolling out OS 9.4 over the next coming months.

For more information about the newest OS, please feel free to visit the recent Blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-94

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just discovered from another post that Roku has the ability to check for system updates, so at the very least, you should have said something to the effect of:

While you cannot currently force a specific version, you can check to see if the latest version is available by going through the following menu path [Settings > System > System update > Check now]

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Try going through the motions to add a wireless speaker.  If there is an update available it should install that first.

Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

There is a reason they only trickle new Roku software out slowly, especially at first -- so that problems not caught during beta testing can be reported and fixed before they affect thousands and thousands of installations.  Sometimes a bunch of channels have to update their apps to deal with the Roku update, and despite having ample notice to take care of this befire the Roku rekease, many of them struggle mightily.  Even with the gradual release, the changeovers I've experienced to 9.2 and 9.3 have been painful. 

In all honesty, I'm not in a hurry to get 9.4.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I know why they roll it out slowly but I wish they'd give the option to get it sooner like a lot of updates do now. Or if I could sign up for beta, that would be great.

I just want AirPlay 2

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Me too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Me too. !!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

HELLO I AM APPLE USER IM RUSHING FOR 9.4!! I AM HOMEKIT USER AND I USE HOOBS3 TO GET ROKU WORKING HOW CAN I FORCE IT?!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did that it was like “searching...”

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku will be rolling out OS 9.4 over the next coming months.

For more information about the newest OS, please feel free to visit the recent Blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-94

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

Saying that you'll be rolling it out is not a solution. I already knew that when this was posted.

A solution would be to do one of the following

1. Give the method on how to do it.

2. Say that you'll forward this as a feature request to the appropriate team.

3. Say that this is not a feature you plan to add.

As is, your statement is just a statement and not a solution.