Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotts02
Level 7

Flashing after update to build 4143 V8.0.0

Hi,  

I received an update to my Roku 3 overnight to build 4143 on V8.0.0  (the update was posted Dec 16th 2017 @ about 3am ET).  The whole Roku system is now flashing and has poor picture quality. I had been streaming a few hours before, without any such issue and believe this problem is related to the update.  I've reported this to Support on the 16th and have not heard back yet.     

I've been using my Roku 3 for many years without much issue.  I've checked  the network and signal strength which are all working good, including watching programs outside of the Roku on the same equipment.  

I prefer not to reset back to factory and go through the whole setup again, unless

1. Support doesn't have a fix.

2. able to shut off the auto updates, so i don't end up back at the same build.  (not sure if there is a way to do this).

Thanks - appreciate any feedback
Lotts02.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
lotts02
Level 7

Re: Flashing after update to build 4143 V8.0.0

I reset my Display resolution to match my TV 720p  and appears to have corrected the issue.  

if it re-occurs, i'll update the post.
0 Kudos
Rock
Level 7

Hi,
I have a 3 -  Roku 3s and this latest v8.0.0 Build 4143 update has caused the flashing problem (fixed by manually resetting the display type to 720P), but now every time I turned my TV on, I must re-boot the Roku in order to get it to work.  This update occurred on Dec 16th, 2017 and from the full list of complaints about it, I assumed that it would be fixed by now.  We love the devices, but this is taking too long to fix.  Another update push would be nice to see or even a statement saying that you are working on it.  Most people are reasonable when they get some information, but not getting anything from Roku for this length of time is unreasonable.
Thanks,
Rock
0 Kudos
lotts02
Level 7

Hi

Sorry to hear the reset to 720p is not working for you.   Since resetting it on my device, i have not had any further issues.    Will monitor and update if I do.

Hope you get it resolved.
Lotts02
0 Kudos