Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Firmware version 9.2.0-4143 released

its called built in obsolescence, business been using this approach for some time.  If you have to buy another one, never upgrade the firmware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Update - while my ultra kept flashing for hours and even though I could move within the menu it was painful.  I did a hard reset which forced me to run the initialization screens and set the passwords all while flashing.  I could get to the display feature and try different settings 720, 1080 and 4k.  The 720 setting allowed my screen to finally stop flashing but when I try to play items from Sling I could see the menu selections and some would not play.  I walked away from the system and the next day when I tried to explore other display options the ultra worked.....I don't know if a different update came down or if it took time to reset on its own. I did not notice the firmware number change. But it WORKS.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Put me in the club with this **bleep**. I thought it was my Sc-lx502 until I realized after trying everything that my other devices are OK. 

If I see my Sammy showing 1080p when tuning to the roku I already know I'm getting a blue screen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

[Closing out this thread for a previous version of Roku OS] 

9.2 build 4750 is now available for 4K capable Roku Streaming Sticks and Players. Please try performing a system update in Settings>System>System update>Check now. 

If you still need additional help, please search for another existing topic discussing the issue you are seeing to follow up. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos