Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
StreamerUser
Level 9

Firmware version 9.2.0-4143 released

Roku has released firmware version 9.2.0-4143 for manual updating (probably just for 4K/HDR-capable models for now)

For those of you with 4K/HDR-capable Roku models and issues with the HDCP/1080 fallback/framerate/etc, manually updating and testing is probably in order.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
netnothing
Level 11

Re: Firmware version 9.2.0-4143 released

My Ultra 4660 was just updated to 9.2.0 4143-46 today. What a mess!

Prior I had to switch from auto to forcing 4K HDR. That worked fine.

However now after this update I get the following:

- if I force 4K HDR and turn my TV/AVR off, when it turns on, the TV (Sony) never detects a signal from the Roku. Have to pull the power On Roku to get it to work. This worked fine on the previous firmware.

- if I set Roku to Auto I can turn my tv off and on fine, but while the Roku says 4K HDR the display is only 1080p like before.

Seriously why on version 9 of this device do we have to deal with this garbage? I’m now using my Apple TV and honestly not sure if I just have to stick with it.
Highlighted
doesitmatter
Level 9

Clearly instead of rolling out another update that is making things worse they should have done a rollback until they can figure out what it is they have royally messed up.  This is what is supposed to be done and why updates are rolling, so when reports start coming in of problems they stop the update.

Luckily Black Friday is coming, perhaps after all these years it is time to seriously look at other devices. I have no intention of buying the 2019 Ultra when they can't fix the 2018.

Highlighted
MuchGrumblin
Level 8

My idea of an update is that we start discussing what alternative devices we should buy when we ditch these pieces of <^*#!!!!

Highlighted
netnothing
Level 11

My Ultra updated to 9.2.0 build 4750-46 last night.  Even worse in my setup than the last that caused all the problems.  This time, no matter the settings, my TV/AVR would never recognize the Roku when starting up.  

I had to adjust my Harmony Hub settings to do a bunch of input switching to help trigger the display to see the Roku.  Why?  Who knows.  Neither the TV or AVR have had updates lately and the Roku was stable for over a year before these last two updates.

Highlighted
GKIII
Level 8

This is exactly what happened to me as well. My AVR does not recognize there's a signal and doesn't push video to the TV. I have to cycle the inputs 2-3 times before any picture comes through. This didn't start until I got 4750.

What a mess.
Highlighted
doesitmatter
Level 9

@MuchGrumblin wrote:

My idea of an update is that we start discussing what alternative devices we should buy when we ditch these pieces of <^*#!!!!

Exactly what I shall be doing..... Looking at the Android TV, the real one... Found a box for only $40. Lots of Black Friday deals coming

Would prefer to find one with ethernet, but since Roku borked my use of the ethernet on the Ultra it makes little difference right now.

Highlighted
netnothing
Level 11

@GKIII  Just curious what your tv and AVR are?  I have a Sony x930e and a Denon 2400h. 

Same as you, neither had been updated in months and the previous Roku firmware is what caused all the issues. 

Really getting tired of old things breaking with Roku firmware updates. 

Highlighted
GKIII
Level 8

I have a Marantz SR5011 with a Samsung 8 Series TV (I forget the actual model # but the TV is about a year old).

No issues until this latest update. If it's not fixed soon I'll be getting rid of this thing and it'll be the last Roku I ever buy.
Highlighted
cyclist4two
Level 8

this firmware upgrade was completed on my 2017 ultra broke my roku.  the screen flashes on/off every 2 seconds.  No way to back out firmware leaves me with JUNK.  Software should be able to be uninstalled to a earlier version or at least the hard factory reset should take it back to a working version.  By clicking update within the roku menu just broke my device.  I was thinking about a Roku TV but not now.  If I have to buy another one it will be the cheapest one made.  Wake up Roku fix your releases or provide a reset that works.