Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredneck
Level 9

Favorite Roku Channels?

We have not had a good old fashioned favorite Roku channel post in a while. It's almost summer 2018, which channels is everyone watching the most on their Roku now?

Some of ours are: 

Pluto TV
The Roku Channel
Netflix 
CBS News
Roku is my favorite streamer, mkvXstream.com has my favorite Roku channels
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Favorite Roku Channels?

Going to move this to General ... it's a fun thread, and on topic!

My picks:

• The Roku Channel

• Plex

• Netflix

• Vudu

• Amazon Prime

I also have a passion for CuriosityStream, Smithsonian, and Smithsonian Earth, but due to my position, I have a TON of channels I enjoy from time to time.

My son is almost exclusively glued to YouTube gaming videos ... my to my dismay Smiley Tongue
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
lfayb
Level 8

Amazon Prime
Netflix
the  Roku Channel
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

In no particular order:

Hulu
Netflix
Vevo
Titanic channel
Hogoword (my wife and I will play it for a good 30 minutes at a time sometimes)
YouTube
Vudu
Amazon Prime
Adult Swim
Movies Anywhere
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

No preference in the order:

YouTube
Amazon Prime Video
Roku Channel
Netflix
Roku Media Player (to access my media server)
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

Amazon Prime and Fox News
Wish there was OANN
0 Kudos
davidjazz
Level 10

Movies and shows:
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Acorn
MLB.tv
DW

For music:
Pandora
Soma
Bat Player
my Tuner

Games:
Video Poker
Double Draw Solo Poker
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Level 7

BBC, All4, Demand 5, Netflix, UKTVPlay.

I would like to use ITV Hub but due to the long term (and seemingly never to be resolved) bug that only impacts Roku devices (works fine on every other computing device I own) which means audio is way out of sync (waaaayyy out, several scenes out sometimes) unless you hit rewind then play which immediately snaps things in to sync, until the adverts hit (which are ALWAYS in sync) as once the ads are over, the bug returns EVERY time needing yet another tweak to get it working. Puts me off bothering with it, on the Roku anyway.

Please Roku, give ITV a kick. They are very difficult for customers to pursuade in to action and this issue is only hitting Roku customers as far as I can see. Since ITV is basically THE major broadcaster competing with Auntie Beeb and this is a big downer on Roku devices when compared to the competition, I'm hoping Roku will want to help us encourage ITV in to action.
0 Kudos