Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kd4tgc
Level 7

Family Screen TIme

How can I get good parental controls on my Roku's ( a model 3 and an Express).

The main Features i'm looking for are.... 

1 the ability to setup users on the device
2 the ability to deny users access to use the Roku at certain times of days.
3 the ability to have scheduled time the roku is "off"  for all users.
4 the ability to remotely via the app to shutdown the device.

I am not  expecting content filtering

I know this is possible with the hardware,and i know of others what want this functionality as well. 

mike

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Family Screen TIme

No existing Roku has any of these functions. Yes, they might be of value to quite a number of users. You could plug the Roku into a timer to turn it off at a scheduled time, but that's pretty easy to circumvent. And there is an app that lets you control a Roku over the network. But remember that only the Roku TVs have a power switch. All standalone Roku players cannot be "turned off". But with the remote app you could stop whatever is playing on it. And the app and the Roku player both have to be connected to the same network. Won't work remotely. 
About the only control the Roku has is to enable a PIN code for adding or removing channels. There are no user accounts on any model Roku.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos