Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Express+ (3931RW) & Alexa (Echo 2nd gen.)

I have a Roku Express+ (3931RW) and a 2nd gen. Amazon Echo. In my iPhone’s Alexa app, both devices were found (and are also on the same WiFi network SSID), but my commands to Alexa receive the response, “Sorry, Roku is having trouble”. Additionally, when I set up the Roku in the Alexa app, the arch is not listed as a device that can control the Roku (even though the Echo performs any non-Roku-related function or request without any issues). I’ve read that the Express+ (3931RW) can be controlled via Alexa (as of 3/5/2019), so I’m trying to find out why it isn’t working the way that it should for me. Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance/advice.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Express+ (3931RW) & Alexa (Echo 2nd gen.)

Assistance, anyone?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Can confirm the issue also occurs with the same model Roku and the 3rd Gen Echo Dot as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I am having the same problem. I have an Echo Dot second generation and a Roku express. I can’t find any discussions on here why this might not be working. The only thing I saw was that the wireless networks were not on the same 2.4 GHZ. I made sure my Echo Dot and my Roku express are on the same network. I am still running into the problem now. Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

This forum has not been of any help to anyone (from what I can see).  I guess I'll end up having to call them and figure this out.  When I see a label that includes the words "Works with", I expect it to actually WORK - not just be "seen".  I'll return to post the results of my phone call to Roku, which will either be tonight or sometime during the day tomorrow.

Highlighted
Level 8

I am surprised I couldn't find anything regarding this matter on the internet, especially this site. Are you and I the only ones with problems?

Highlighted
Level 8

You guys aren't the only ones. I wrote a long post about it which was quickly reported as "spam" and then deleted. They've even removed one of my replies to this thread. (This one will likely be removed soon) Sounds like it's a known issue that Roku is keeping quiet. My best advice is to take the Express+ back and get a Streaming Stick+.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@OpenSorce 

Thanks for the note regarding your previous posts. Please be aware that sometimes our spam filters may capture the wrong posts. It appears that your original post was restored, as is your other post in this thread.

However, please be aware as per Community Guidelines: 
Post your question or issue to only one topic. Duplicate posts may be removed at any time at the discretion of the Roku Community Team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos