Yes, the Roku Express successfully connect to my network.
I did a new factory reset for more than 30 seconds and here are all the steps I go through.
- I choose the language, (french)
- I chose my network (the system checks everything and put a green mark on wireless connection and Internet connection)
- For just one second it looks for an update but upload nothing (I think that the problem comes may be from this step)
- I say OK to the auto detect display type (It cheks HDMI connexion)
- Here comes the screen with the code I have to enter in my computer on roku.com/link adress
- I enter this code in my account (I give a name and a say where is my Roku. It checks few things, says that it's done. If I check in my account at this time, I can see that my device is linked to my account)
But on my tv, I got the photo I posted yesterday saying that I have to check my connection.
Last information. I also own an Amazon Fire stick that works perfectly.
Thank you for your answer DBDukes
How can I contact RokuTannerDB? Do you think I can send him a PM directly or maybe you can do it for me as you already followed my problem?
I hope I could resolve this problem one day :?
The code 001 means that the reader has temporarily lost the connection to the Roku update server. We found that customers with French accounts had this problem at the time of setup.
To overcome this problem, we propose to bypass the French site as follows:
1) Go to https://my.roku.com/signin
2) Put the email and password of your account
3) Put the pointer on "assistance", click on "Assistance Home"
4) Scroll to bottom right, change country to US,
5) Click on "activate a device"
6) Set the activation code.
NB: Your account will always be in French.