Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Error code 001

"Nesburma" wrote:
Yes, the Roku Express successfully connect to my network.

I did a new factory reset for more than 30 seconds and here are all the steps I go through.

1. I choose the language, (french)

2. I chose my network (the system checks everything and put a green mark on wireless connection and Internet connection)

3. For just one second it looks for an update but upload nothing (I think that the problem comes may be from this step)

4. I say OK to the auto detect display type (It cheks HDMI connexion)

5. Here comes the screen with the code I have to enter in my computer on roku.com/link adress

6. I enter this code in my account (I give a name and a say where is my Roku. It checks few things, says that it's done. If I check in my account at this time, I can see that my device is linked to my account)

But on my tv, I got the photo I posted yesterday saying that I have to check my connection.

Last information. I  also own an Amazon Fire stick that works perfectly.

Thank you for the extremely well-described steps. That's helpful.

I think you're right that it's at Step 3 where the issue is occurring. That would point to something network related, but that can mean a lot of things. Obviously, your local network is up and transmitting properly. Your network is properly connected to the Internet. The linking of your device showing online indicates that there likely isn't interfering with connection to Roku servers. That kinda leaves Roku's updates servers that you're trying to connect to, as you indicated in Step 3.

Of course, it could be a bad Roku. If you picked up the Roku locally -- I don't know what brick and mortar stores would sell Roku there -- then exchanging it may be a good step.

I'm still leaning toward Roku update servers. And this is where RokuTannerDB would be able to escalate to Roku Tech area. That might be your best bet, if you aren't able to exchange locally, or if an exchange doesn't resolve anything.

Bonne chance!
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Nesburma
Level 7

Thank you for your answer DBDukes

How can I contact RokuTannerDB? Do you think I can send him a PM directly or maybe you can do it for me as you already followed my problem?

I hope I could resolve this problem one day :?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Nesburma" wrote:
Thank you for your answer DBDukes

How can I contact RokuTannerDB? Do you think I can send him a PM directly or maybe you can do it for me as you already followed my problem?

I hope I could resolve this problem one day :?

You can see his name on posts, kinda like you see yours and mind. His will be bold red.

From the home page, look for his name out to the side. Failing that, search on his username. One you click his name, his profile will display. Bottom right, you’ll see an option to send a Private Message
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Nesburma
Level 7

I finally resolve my problem with the help of the Roku support.
As this problem concern mostly French accounts, I let the solution in french. I hope it could help other persons.
Thanks again to DBDukes for those replies. Nobody else tried to help me.
See you next time.

Le code 001 signifie que le lecteur a perdu temporairement la connexion au serveur de mise à jour Roku. Nous avons constaté que des clients ayant des comptes français ont eu ce problème au moment de la configuration. 

Pour pallier à ce problème, nous proposons de contourner le site français comme suit: 
1) Aller sur https://my.roku.com/signin
2) Mettre l'email et le mot de passe de votre compte
3) Mettre le pointeur sur "assistance", cliquer sur " Acceuil assistance"
4) Defiler la page jusqu'en bas à droite, changer le pays en US,
5) Cliquer sur "activate a device"
6) Mettre le code d'activation.

NB: Votre compte restera toujours en français.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

The code 001 means that the reader has temporarily lost the connection to the Roku update server. We found that customers with French accounts had this problem at the time of setup.

To overcome this problem, we propose to bypass the French site as follows:
1) Go to https://my.roku.com/signin
2) Put the email and password of your account
3) Put the pointer on "assistance", click on "Assistance Home"
4) Scroll to bottom right, change country to US,
5) Click on "activate a device"
6) Set the activation code.

NB: Your account will always be in French.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Raulhdz
Level 7

Hi! I just bought a Roku express and I had the same issue, I looked everywhere and just here I found the solution, so I just want to say thank you so much.  Smiley Very Happy

By the way, I'm mexican 
0 Kudos

Hello everyones, i have the sabe Error in my Roku Express, i'll try the solution. i let you know Smiley Very Happy im from Mexico
0 Kudos
eddito79
Level 7

Greetings from Costa Rica

First of all, excuses for my bad English

I just bought a Roku Express and I had the same problem, error 001 over and over and over, no matter what I have done, always the same error.

I have followed every step of this thread and nothing worked, by the way, there is not a "assistance botton" in the website and no option to change the country.

But what worked for me? After several time trying and trying, without hope and thinking maybe the roku was damaged or there was a Network problem, some kind of website blocking from Internet Supplier, I made a little change, I chose another location for my Roku, instead of "living room" I chose "room" and voilá... instantly it works like a charm.

I dont know why, but it works for me, maybe, if somebody hace the same issue, could try that.

Pura vida!!!
0 Kudos