Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nesburma
Level 7

Error code 001

Hi,

When I activate my Roku Express I got this Error code 001. I tried many times to reboot, reload, retry and so on, but I never succeed to reach the end of this activation Smiley Sad. Can you help me? Thank you.
0 Kudos
17 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Error code 001

"Nesburma" wrote:
Hi,

When I activate my Roku Express I got this Error code 001. I tried many times to reboot, reload, retry and so on, but I never succeed to reach the end of this activation Smiley Sad. Can you help me? Thank you.

Let’s clarify exactly where you’re getting that message. On your computer screen when you enter the code from the device? On the TV screen at some point in the process?

Exactly where is this message?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Nesburma
Level 7

Normally, I have to go to : go.roku.com/softwareupdate but this link is dead !

I am in France.
0 Kudos
Nesburma
Level 7

Once I enter the code on my PC (I tried also on my smartphone), this error code comes on the TV

0 Kudos
Nesburma
Level 7

And thank you for your help
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Nesburma" wrote:

I am in France.
Once I enter the code on my PC (I tried also on my smartphone), this error code comes on the TV

Just to be clear, you are not using a VPN, right? If you are, stop.

Next, is that link the one you are directed to via the TV screen/Roku? If not, what does it say on-screen? (In the U.S. we go to https://my.roku.com/link)
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Nesburma
Level 7

No, I do not use a VPN.
I don't really understand the second part. I just follow the steps in France, we go to roku.com/link, It seems to be the same than in the U.S.
On the photo, it says :
Impossible to connect to Roku service
Try to reconnect in few minutes
To get help visit : go.roku.com/softwareupdate
. Try again connection
.Check network settings
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Nesburma" wrote:
No, I do not use a VPN.

I don't really understand the second part. I just follow the steps in France, we go to roku.com/link, It seems to be the same than in the U.S.

On the photo, it says :
Impossible to connect to Roku service
Try to reconnect in few minutes
To get help visit : go.roku.com/softwareupdate
. Try again connection
.Check network settings

I’ve never encountered that message. That’s a new one on me.

What may be happening, and what RokuTannerDB may be able to answer, is Roku might be experiencing isolated registration issues. I say isolated because if all were down, there’d be floods of complaints, and Roku usually posts notices about major system outages like that.

To rule out one thing the message said, did the Roku Express successfully connect to your network?

Since it’s stuck on this step, a factory reset may be in order. Hold the reset button for a full 30 seconds. Ignore anything on the screen until 30 seconds of a depressed button have passed.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 7

"Nesburma" wrote:

It should redirect to this page but it must fail for you:
https://support.roku.com/article/115002796148

There are additional support instructions.
0 Kudos
Nesburma
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:

I’ve never encountered that message. That’s a new one on me.

What may be happening, and what RokuTannerDB may be able to answer, is Roku might be experiencing isolated registration issues. I say isolated because if all were down, there’d be floods of complaints, and Roku usually posts notices about major system outages like that.

To rule out one thing the message said, did the Roku Express successfully connect to your network?

Since it’s stuck on this step, a factory reset may be in order. Hold the reset button for a full 30 seconds. Ignore anything on the screen until 30 seconds of a depressed button have passed.

Yes, the Roku Express successfully connect to my network.
I did a new factory reset for more than 30 seconds and here are all the steps I go through.
1 I choose the language, (french)
2 I chose my network (the system checks everything and put a green mark on wireless connection and Internet connection)
3 For just one second it looks for an update but upload nothing (I think that the problem comes may be from this step)
4 I say OK to the auto detect display type (It cheks HDMI connexion)
5 Here comes the screen with the code I have to enter in my computer on roku.com/link adress
6 I enter this code in my account (I give a name and a say where is my Roku. It checks few things, says that it's done. If I check in my account at this time, I can see that my device is linked to my account)
But on my tv, I got the photo I posted yesterday saying that I have to check my connection.
Last information. I also own an Amazon Fire stick that works perfectly.
Thank again for your help and sorry for my poor english. It has been a long time I didn't practise.
0 Kudos