Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Enhancement Request - Cache settings so they can be used on another Roku

HI.  I have a feature/enhancement request.

I own a lot of Roku's.  I recently upgraded my older Roku 4's with the new Roku Ultra 4670's.

It is such a pain/inconvenience to upgrade a device because it takes hours to log into my Roku, rearrange my apps, get logged into them all, etc.

Roku clearly knows which apps are installed on which profile.  Why can i not back up my profile so that when i upgrade or change to a new Roku device, i can restore the profile and with it, the app order, all the login's, etc?  A simple feature to add to your menu settings.  Connect a USB device (or a different MicroUSB card), backup.  Move to new device, insert USB device and Restore.  Done.

I have now owned at least 10 Roku's starting with the very first one, which i still have.  This is not new to me.  It is true, i dread upgrading or moving devices or changing profiles because it takes so much time getting everything set back up the way i want it.

I use multiple profiles because the profile i have in my room is different than the one in the living room, which is also used by my son.  It has less stuff on it.  So when i upgrade to a Ultra 4670, then the older Roku 4 goes to my son, upgrading his Roku 3... and now as you can see, i have 2 devices that need to be reconfigured... which takes hours.

Ok... you get the idea.  Thanks for allowing the feedback and suggestion.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 1

Re: Enhancement Request - Cache settings so they can be used on another Roku

Agreed. This would be a great feature. Please consider adding this functionality. 
Thank you!

0 Kudos