Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me10lee83
Reel Rookie

Enable Fast TV Start on Smart Soundbar

Jump to solution

I'm trying to enable Fast TV Start on my Roku Smart Soundbar, but I can't find the Power option in the System menu.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enable Fast TV Start on Smart Soundbar

Jump to solution

There isn't any power settings because the Roku soundbar doesn't have power command. And Fast Tv Start is only on Roku tv's. The power button on the Roku soundbar remote is a tv power button, its not for the soundbar itself. 

If your remote power button isn't turning off the tv anymore, or the home key isn't changing to the soundbar home screen as it once did, I just went through this myself. Try refreshing the cec devices in the settings of the tv menu. Since what's preset to the tv power and volume keys are Roku cec commands, which all tv brands that accept cec commands respond to the same commands that why you don't and can't change the tv brand under programming tv device. Like on other roku models. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There isn't any power settings because the Roku soundbar doesn't have power command. And Fast Tv Start is only on Roku tv's. The power button on the Roku soundbar remote is a tv power button, its not for the soundbar itself. 

If your remote power button isn't turning off the tv anymore, or the home key isn't changing to the soundbar home screen as it once did, I just went through this myself. Try refreshing the cec devices in the settings of the tv menu. Since what's preset to the tv power and volume keys are Roku cec commands, which all tv brands that accept cec commands respond to the same commands that why you don't and can't change the tv brand under programming tv device. Like on other roku models. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
me10lee83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok great. So it's possible to play music to it when the TV is off without doing anything special? 

0 Kudos