Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenJackson
Level 7

Does "My Feed" ever show when available for free?

I frequently click on the link to follow a movie when I've searched for it and found it not available.  My hope is that one of the channels will pick it up in the future so I can watch it for free (or for the monthly price I'm already paying).  But after several years, the "My Feed" page has ONLY shown me when movies were available to rent or to buy.  I never rent or buy because I'm already paying for both Netflix and Amazon Prime and I think that's plenty enough.

So I'm wondering if there's ever going to be any value to me to click to "follow" a movie that's not currently available.

Has anyone else EVER seen a notice under "My Feed" for anything other than available to rent or buy?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Does "My Feed" ever show when available for free?

I believe that area only shows something if a channel developer specifically permits it to be included. My guess is that few if any of them participate, so they don't appear there. I would expect movies on the Roku Channel to appear there, since that's an official channel from Roku themselves, and those are all free.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos