Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku Support IPv6?

Jump to solution

I just looked again, and while it has a IPv6 "Secret Screen", when I looked at it I only see two entries: Last IPv6 Speed Test and Last IPv4 Speed Test, and both had Not Available as the result. So there's something under development, but doesn't appear very far along at this point.

To access this hidden menu, you press Home five times, FF, Down, RW, Down, FF.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
bluej21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The year 2022 has arrived, and the answer is still "no."  All the major streaming services support IPv6, but one of the biggest streaming platforms (Roku) doesn't.  Sad.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Based on what is shown in the secret network menu, it's a work in progress. It might be the older devices can't support it, but that's merely a guess with no supporting information. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bluej21  for the average home user they do not even understand the difference. Heck people do not even know the difference between 2.4 and 5.0. They buy a Roku and expect it to just work. As of right now there is no real advantage of IPv6 over for the average home user. 

0 Kudos