Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LdelaCruz
Level 7

Does ROKU work on. Google TV?

I just bought a Google TV. I have a bundle with Disney and Hulu and ESPN. I’m trying to watch ESPN but it’s not allowing me. Is it because it’s through the Roku subscription? My previous TV I had a ROKU stick. Was I able to access that because it was a Roku and now because it’s Google I can’t?  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does ROKU work on. Google TV?

Not sure exactly what you mean by "Google TV" (perhaps Android TV?), but as long as the TV has HDMI ports a Roku should work with it.

If you mean you bought a Google ChromeCast with Google TV, then you should be able to use the same credentials you use with your Roku Pay-based Disney Bundle subscription to login/authenticate the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN apps.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does ROKU work on. Google TV?

@LdelaCruz 

If you are saying you had a Roku on your previous TV, but have replaced that TV with built-in Google/Android TV (depending on the TV brand), then here's what's going on.

Your subscription through Roku Pay is only good on a Roku device. You will not be able to use that subscription on any non-Roku device. If you want to use that subscription on your new TV, you'll want to connect your Roku Stick to the new TV and watch through Roku.

If that's not the way you want to do it, cancel your subscription through Roku TV and subscribe directly. Use those credentials on any device, including Roku, to watch the content.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos