Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superjet45

Disney screensaver issue

As grown men, why subject us to these screen savers of 'death'?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Disney screensaver issue

Roku gets paid by different companies to promote their content (Disney in this case).

Unfortunately, they replaced a beloved screensaver (City Scroll:  Movie Magic) with one promoting Disney's Luca.

Hopefully the change isnt permanent, and will revert to at the end of the promotional period.

In the meantime, you can always change screensavers (Settings/Theme/Screensavers).

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

Settings -> Theme -> Seasonal themes

Set to 'Off'.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Unfortunately disabling seasonal themes wont impact/revert the screensaver (just wallpaper) - we'll all just have to see what happens at the end of the promotional period (if any).

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yeah, I don't know why they removed the City Scroll screensaver, as it was very well liked. But I have all of my devices set to the 4K aquatic SS, and with the seasonal setting disabled it never changes. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

@StreamerUser wrote:

Unfortunately disabling seasonal themes wont impact/revert the screensaver (just wallpaper) - we'll all just have to see what happens at the end of the promotional period (if any).

Works for me.  I see the same old screensaver I've always used after switching seasonal off.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

As I figured, it reverted to City Scroll: Movie Magic at the end of the promotional period (today).

0 Kudos