Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldAgWho
Channel Surfer

Discovery Plus App

I want to add Discovery Plus app to my Roku tv. However, when I search for Discovery Plus it’s not found! I do not want to stream from my iPad to tv, I want the app on the tv just like Disney Plus that I added. Why can’t The Discovery Plus be found when searched?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Discovery Plus App

Are you in the US? If not, where are you? If so, are you using a VPN?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
OldAgWho
Channel Surfer

Thanks for responding. Yes I’m in United States. No I’m not using VPN. I’ve added Disney Plus and Pure Flix apps to my Roku tv no problem. Just searched, the search found them and I added. I search for Discovery Plus or discovery + as suggested by the Discovery support team and nothing is found!

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

@OldAgWho wrote:

Thanks for responding. Yes I’m in United States. No I’m not using VPN. I’ve added Disney Plus and Pure Flix apps to my Roku tv no problem. Just searched, the search found them and I added. I search for Discovery Plus or discovery + as suggested by the Discovery support team and nothing is found!

You might want to RESTART your TV and try again. I just went to STREAMING CHANNELS from the main Roku page and hit OK and it took me to FEATURED apps and DISCOVERY+ was on the top row. The actual name is spelled as Discovery Plus. I also went to the SEARCH CHANNELS selection and after typing the D and the I, Discovery+ was shown as the top option.

If that fails you might try adding it from the website.

Discovery Plus app - Roku Store 

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
OldAgWho
Channel Surfer

This is getting weird! When I go to the Roku store via the link you provided, Discovery Plus is not seen. I can search, it will not find Discovery Plus. It finds 5 other items with Discovery in the name, like Discovery church.

I’m perplexed to say the least.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Do you maybe get redirected to the UK (or some other country's) channel store?  Look at the URL shown by the browser and see if it shows something like https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/.  I've had many problems with Roku's web sites redirecting me to some other country's page.  Try another browser, a new "private" or "incognito" window, or clear your browser cookies.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
OldAgWho
Channel Surfer

Mine has a Canadian flag at the bottom and it says I’m searching Roku Canada! I do not know how to get around this or why the Roku I downloaded from App Store was from Canada. I searched the App Store again and cannot find a Roku specific app for USA! I’ve deleted app that I loaded to clear all info and reloaded. Nothing changed, search in the Roku app will not find or see Discovery Plus!

This is past frustrating! Need more suggestions on how to get Roku to find Discovery Plus in search.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OldAgWho,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. The system recognized that your Roku account is set under the Canada region. If channels in your region are not available, it indicates that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted at http://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option for "Accounts and Billing." This should resolve the error you are seeing.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos