Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissMarie

Re: Discontinuing Roku Streaming Stick updates???????

Jump to solution

Is this a spam email? Like others, my roku stick is only a year old. The email seems generic and doesn't specify model numbers that need to be upgraded.  Following this thread...

0 Kudos
georgeg3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting that information.  The least they could have done is include the affected Roku Stick model numbers.  Think I have three.

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@georgeg3 

Its a fair, obvious, and reasonable expectation; however, you are expecting Roku to be rational, reasonable, and customer-oriented about communicating their new updated support policy for older models, and Roku doesnt have a good history of communicating changes to their support (or even providing it).

Regardless, app updates requiring future OS updates (11.1+) may be an issue if you have an impacted model - otherwise it'll work the same as it currently does.

If Composite connections arent an issue/requirement (they are currently connected to a TV with HDMI), then I highly recommend upgrading them to a current model for the significant performance/usage speed increase, along with some newer functionality.

Chipo

Re: Roku Premiere no longer supported??

Jump to solution

This email? Says in fine print it is the streaming stick.... For owners of Roku Streaming Stick (3500X) only.

Dear Roku Streamer,

Thanks for being such a loyal Roku user! You’ve been streaming with us a long time and we’re glad you’ve been enjoying your Roku player. While your current device will continue to stream and receive critical updates, it will soon stop receiving feature updates.

This device will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates. You can keep using your current Roku player to stream the channels you currently have. However, you may lose access to some channels over time as those channel partners make updates. 

We’re giving you two exclusive upgrade offers to pick from so you

0 Kudos
Allessio77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, that is the email!

0 Kudos
facets55

Jump to solution

I too received the email.

Can we get some kind of confirmation or comment from ROKU? 

I've searched the site and cannot find a notification of this anywhere.  

0 Kudos
jdbonello

Jump to solution

Thank you @AvsGunnar   I literally just bought a new Streaming Stick 4K+ a few weeks ago on their website and was in shock to get this email.  I appreciate your effort to list what models are affected by this notice.  Roku, if you're reading this, seriously---you need to indicate which models are falling off support when you notify us.  That was ridiculous.

Lilscoop

Jump to solution

Am I the only one who thinks it was purposeful that Roku was so vague in its e-mail as to which models would be affected?  Feels like an attempt at a money grab from people who might just panic and click on their 50% offer links included in the e-mail? 

MikeTheStreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, whoever at Roku handled this notification did a really poor job.  They need to be fired.  Was it an intern? Roku, you need to be specific in your notification.  

While I appreciate the responses from Community Streaming Experts in this forum I want an official response from Roku.  I have 6 Roku devices.  Roku is an 11 billion dollar company that can't even handle this simple task.

KyBlue
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku is Ending Support for Older Models | Cord Cutters News

This link has the detail of which are still supported

0 Kudos