Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Discontinuing Roku Streaming Stick updates???????

Jump to solution

@ChrisBL, just curious.  If you check the linked devices that are displayed when you go to https://my.roku.com do you see any old Roku devices that you may have had that have the affected model numbers (27xx or 3500)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Gwenintexas, it has nothing to do with the software version (11.0).  It's the Roku model number that matters.  You can see your model number under Settings->System->About.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Allessio77
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Premier no longer supported??

Jump to solution

The email did NOT mention specific models... It just said the my model (without IDing it) would no longer be supported.

DBDukes

Re: Roku Premiere no longer supported??

Jump to solution

@Allessio77 wrote:

I got an email today saying my Roku device (Roku Premiere) will not longer be supported, meaning there will be no further updates to the device or it apps.

Is this a scam email or legit?

@Allessio77 wrote:

The email did NOT mention specific models... It just said the my model (without IDing it) would no longer be supported.

There are no support issues with the Roku Premiere, any model. If you had an older device, it may be that it is no longer supported. As others said, the 2700 (Roku LT), 2710 (Roku 1/SE), or 3500 (HDMI Streaming Stick) are losing support, and have already been dropped by some app developers.

If you've never had one of those, or an older model, then either it wasn't actually from Roku, or Roku sent the email in error.

The Premiere is not in danger of losing support any time soon.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AvsGunnar

Re: Roku Premier no longer supported??

Jump to solution

@Allessio77 

Seems like many users are receiving this pretty non-specific email.  I'd say you are good to go if you own the Premiere 3920 as no info has circulated that this model is close to being retired.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@DCC22 wrote:

Thanks for the information.  Can you clarify:  If I currently have Roku version 11.0 does that mean that after 10/31/22 that I will no longer get updates, etc?  Thanks

What is your model number? Settings > System > About

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Jdow wrote:

Well shucks, I was going to wait awhile and switch mine out when it starts giving me trouble. Looks like they're going to make me do it sooner than later. ...

What is your model number? Settings > System > About

You may be getting all worked up over nothing. The model number will determine things.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
ChrisBL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@@renojim

0 Kudos
ChrisBL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojim, I did find my device list after I posted. I do see some devices with really old dates so assuming those can be removed. They don't display the model numbers though. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
DCC22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have Model 3800 X. 

0 Kudos