Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Discontinuing Roku Streaming Stick updates???????

Jump to solution

They didn't make this very clear in that notice, did they?

Streaming Stick MHL (models 3400/3420) released Oct 2012 -- has not been supported for quite some time now.  Their last Roku update was version 9.1.

Per a developer who has received more detailed info:

Streaming Stick HDMI (model 3500) released Oct 2014, and various earlier non-Stick models with model numbers 27xx -- are slated to become unsupported soon.  Current Roku version 11.0 is the last these models will receive and channel updates for these models will stop on 10/31/22.

Older models have already lost support.   Newer models are not affected.

Check your model and model number via Settings > System > About on each unit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DCC22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.  Can you clarify:  If I currently have Roku version 11.0 does that mean that after 10/31/22 that I will no longer get updates, etc?  Thanks

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Roku Premier no longer supported??

Jump to solution

What is the full text of the message you received?

As far as I know, the models that are about to lose support are some older models with model numbers 27xx and 3500.

Check your model numbers via Settings > System > About on each device.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Jump to solution

Looks like my 11.0 will be dc'd later this yr after less than I year... guess time for another company or just stream from my computer.  Not spending money every 6 months or yr. 

oldmantoo

Jump to solution

I got the same email but I do not even own a stick or do they mean the square boxy one that I have on the back of my TV.  My main tv is a ROKU TV, I wonder if it will be affected.

0 Kudos
Allessio77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My model number is 3920X.

0 Kudos
Jdow

Jump to solution

Well shucks, I was going to wait awhile and switch mine out when it starts giving me trouble. Looks like they're going to make me do it sooner than later. I have one of the other brands on my main tv for almost five years now and I really like my Other brand one better. Sorry Roku, I believe you are making a mistake. I defiantly will not be purchasing another Roku again.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

As @makaiguy, indicated, streaming players with model number 27xx and the streaming stick model 3500 are the devices impacted and falling into this category. (devices will no longer receive updates).

If you have a Streaming Stick/Streaming Stick+ with the model numbers 3600, 3800, 3810, 3820, 3821 (all the newer models since 2016), you are still supported and will continue to receive updates past OS11.

You can see your model number from Settings/System/About from your Roku device.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Allessio77 

Did you happen to previously own any of the models mentioned by @makaiguy at one time, or did the email specifically mention your 3920 Premiere?  I have a 3921 Premiere+ and didn't receive a similar email as to this.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
ChrisBL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have three streaming sticks with model 3810R and one Roku Ultra device yet I received the same email, very vague about the sticks no longer being supported. Not sure if my models are affected or not! Terrible communication from Roku to not include the specifics.