Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunnyj

Re: Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

Thank you! It worked! That has been very annoying. So happy!

paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Why do I always have to wait for this stupid bouncing logo to stop before I can do anything on my smart LG OLED tv when I turn it on??????? I HATE IT and cannot find a way to stop it. I have researched it to death and nothing gets rid of it. I have a smaller TCL rokus enabled tv and it never shows this **bleep** bouncing logo on startup. I WANT IT GONE ON MY ROKU ENABLED LG OLED tv NOW!!!!!! I hate rokuku because of this...

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I do not have a stick, my tv came with roku installed and I can't get rid of the **bleep** bouncing logo, I want it gone and I hate rokuku because of this!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@paj3232

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Does the bouncing logo just take a while on screen to go away or does the bouncing logo screen stay stuck?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you futher.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

When I turn on my LG OLED TVwith Roku installed I have to wait for the screen to go through the bouncing ROKU logo before it will bring up the Roku Home screen. On top of that half the time the roku remote (has microphone ability) will not do anything when the Home screen first comes up. I can't get any buttons to work but some of the time if I wait 1  - 3 minutes the screen finally moves over to the apps. There are way too many times when I have to shut the tv off and back on to try again. It can take several on/off tries to get the roku remote buttons to do anything, seriously frustrated with this and I've dealt with it for 2 years. I recently got a small smart TCL with roku installed but only the low end remote without a mic button. When I power that tv on the roku home screen comes right up and I never have problems with that remot. What gives with the problems with the LG/roku remote and why do I have to always sit throught that bouncing roku logo before the home screen comes up??? I've looked at all settings and there is nowhere to shut that logo off, hate it...

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232 I am really grasping at straws here but after you turn off the TV do you have it connected to a power strip or outlet on a switch and you cut power to the TV?  

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

First of all Roku does not make TVs. They only make the software. Your TV was made by LG. If it’s under warranty you can speak with them. But you keep saying bouncing logo. A Roku TV or a Roku device does not turn off. It only goes to sleep. The only time you see a bouncing logo is when your TV is restarting or powering up from being unplugged. Are you actually unplugging your TV when you aren’t using it? That’s what it sounds like to me. 

0 Kudos
JEAB
Reel Rookie

Bouncing Roku Logo - Over 1 Year Ago

Jump to solution

Thank you for all the replies received earlier this week. 

This issue was resolved with the arrival of a new Roku stick shortly after my post well over a year ago.  It had nothing to do with the tv or broadband as the new stick continues to work well and I had no need to contact any other providers. 

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's directly plugged into a wall outlet that is not controlled by a switch. I turn it off via one of the remotes, LG or Roku but more usually the roku remote OR I tell google assist to turn off the tv.

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I know roku doesn't make tv's. I am referring to tv's with roku installed, no stick or box of any type. The tv does not get stuck on the bouncing logo at startup of the tv but it is there upon turning on the tv - every time.  I do not want to sit and wait for that bouncing logo to stop before the home screen shows up. I want the bouncing logo gone. Why do I have to sit through that before I can try to get into my spectrum app to watch tv???  Very annoying but probably not as annoying as the roku remote buttons not working or have a delayed response to being pushed when I first turn on the tv. I never unplug the tv so you are wrong about the bouncing logo, it is there every single time I turn the tv via remote or asking google assist to turn it on and I really am sick of it.

0 Kudos