Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikek1710

Device storage issue with Roku Express

I have a Roku Express that is a few years old. I started getting messages that the device doesn’t have storage to view the 5 channels that I use, so I had to remove one to install another.  

I understand I should buy a new Roku device, but the product specs that I looked at don’t list storage capacity.  So, I can’t even tell if buying a new device will fix my problem.

Can I buy a new Express and assume it’s an updated model with more capacity? Do I need a different model to get a storage upgrade? Are these specs listed anywhere that I can view?

thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device storage issue with Roku Express

@Mikek1710 

Unless you have the model 3700 Express, I wouldn't think you would experience that. And, I wouldn't think it would make a difference. However, if you have the model 3700, it may be time to upgrade. The model 3700 is five years old, but has been an otherwise dependable device. Some apps will not run on it, though, particularly newer apps by some major services. And, it's not Roku, but the app developer that determines if it works on any particular model. Some have chosen to drop support for the 3700, but most still support it.

If you were to upgrade, the Express 4K+ has been reported to be an excellent device. It replaced the Premiere in the lineup (the middle of the line of boxes: Express, Premiere, Ultra). And, it's priced only a little more than the current Express, so it may be the best bargain overall.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device storage issue with Roku Express

Wikipedia is the only place I know of where you can see how much channel storage a device has.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos