Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Dark screen with Google assistant

I have a Google home hub and tried to turn off my master bedroom Roku with a voice command.  It turned the tv off, but when I turned it back on, the screen was dark. I could just barely see the home screen, but not well enough to try and adjust any settings. I unplugged the power cord and it worked fine after I plugged it back in. All of my other Roku devices turn off and on with no problem using the Google assistant. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 17

Re: Dark screen with Google assistant

This is obviously a Google issue. Take it up with them.

It is beyond me why so many think its cute and novel to allow such gimmicks to control

the simplest things in life. I dont think its novel, cute or innovative.

And clearly you think it is.

Why else would you allow the simplest most novel everyday things to control the most inane

inherent things??? You think youre cute perhaps. 

I consider you an insult to human spirit.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Dark screen with Google assistant

Do you consider your response cute?I absolutely think I'm cute and I'm sure that 53 million people who use these electronic assistants think about how cute they are too.  You should get one, you could be cute too! It is very convenient to use, especially when you can't find the remote.  Unless you live in a house alone and you don't have other cuties running around moving the remote. #staycute

0 Kudos