Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghippo
Reel Rookie

DO NOT BUY ROKU - Activation email not working - Rude phone line message

My Roku 3930X worked fine until last night's software update. Software update started, blue circle was rotating, but Progress was stuck on 0%.  After few minutes the update window disappeared, but I could not connect to any channel even though my wirelees connection and internet were working fine.  I looked for solutions here in the community and FAQ and ended up doing the factory reset.

Imanaged to go through the setup only to a point, when I am waiting for Roku to send me the ACTIVATION code, the screen does not even go to allow you to enter any code.

So no support for anything else, they are advising you to check the web and they rudely disconnect the call with "GOOD BUY".

I do not recommend anybody to buy anything from Roku.

6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DO NOT BUY ROKU - Activation email not working - Rude phone line message

@ghippo 

So, are you wanting help or just venting?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Jmarull

Two weeks ago L bought a new Hisense Roku TV. No problem with account activation then my new is defective. A buy a new one but acount activation does not work. I change TV and try again but account activation is again a dead end.  Do not know how Roku can function like this. Real dissapointment. I am thinking of changing to another provider.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jmarull @ghippo

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing when you are trying to activate your Roku device? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue and what are you seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ekleintop
Reel Rookie

I’d love some help.  I can tell you what I did.  Roku TV, wired, worked a week ago. Now week later.  Channels not working. Error 14. Did software update that took 30 minutes so Internet working (every other device on network OK).  Did restart.  Still no luck.  Did factory reset.  Enter email to activate, comes back “we can’t seem to reach you by email”.  Tried resets, wired, WiFi, a second email addy, verified email address by logging in to Roku.  Tried all this on a Roku Stick with the same problem and same outcome. Still no activation.  2 bricked Rokus. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Ekleintop wrote:

... Roku TV, wired, ... Did software update that took 30 minutes ...

This right here. A Roku software update taking 30 minutes indicates a problem. Whether it's something network related, I don't know.

You say you have your Roku connected via Ethernet. That probably means you are using an Ethernet adapter. Unplug that and try connecting via WiFi and see if that makes a difference.

I don't know that it will make a difference, but 30 minutes for a software update isn't right. So, let's change the parameters and used wireless and see what happens.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ekleintop
Reel Rookie

Thanks DB. Earlier today I tried WiFi on both the stick and the Roku TV.  Also reset fiber ONT and WiFi router. 

Really not much else I can do. Any thoughts appreciated.  

Eric

0 Kudos