Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1996heaux
Level 7

Cuts to Home Screen every 1-2min of streaming

Hi! Ever since the 9.4 update (11/14/20), my roku will exit to the Home Screen while mid-stream after like 1min. This happens to every channel/app. 

I’ve tried deleting the channel and redownloading. I’ve tried system restart. Ive tried physically unplugging. I’ve tried turning off the bandwidth saver. I’ve tried not using it for a couple days. 

plz help!!! 

model: 3931RW roku express+ Roku Express+ (3910 series)  Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

issue ID: UY-470-920

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Cuts to Home Screen every 1-2min of streaming

I have not much to suggest other than the usual make sure you're using the supplied power adapter.  Returning to the Home Screen is often an indication that the channel/app is crashing, but if it's happening to multiple channels/apps then I'm really at a loss.

0 Kudos
Shantih
Level 8

Re: Cuts to Home Screen every 1-2min of streaming

I had a similar problem setting up my Streambar. In my case I found that turning off “1-touch play” under the System - Control Other Devices menu fixed this issue for me.

0 Kudos