Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yeldarb10
Reel Rookie

Re: Custom screensaver missing

Jump to solution

Made an account just for this. Same boat as everyone else. Mobile screensaver got  removed, while roku simultaneously changed my theme to Moana. 

No wonder this piece of shut was on sale. Just makes me want to swap to my fire stick.

CW48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Does Fire Stick have this feature? I might switch than. This is inexcusable. 

Rkohl1956

Jump to solution

Is it possible to revert to a previous release of Roku App that still allowed mobile screen saver?

CW48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No I don't think so, I just looked into it a little.

Erinfaye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If it is, I couldn’t figure out how. But it turns out you can do a custom screensaver with the Amazon fire stick and the Amazon photos app. 

Yeldarb10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. They have an app called amazon photos that you can upload personal photos to, The screensaver option on fire stick lets you select an album from amazon photos to play as your screensaver.

edit: Just tested it. Still works, even if you use a Roku TV. Though the option to select a specific album is gone, it’ll still cycle through your photos.

Jump to solution

Same issue here sadly, please bring it back ;-;-;-;-;

shocheck

Jump to solution

same here! custom screensaver is gone on my roku ultra!!! i only use it for this custom screensaver and screen mirroring funtion. i have loaded about 10 custom family photos (that was the max it could load... lame) and now only seeing fishes! i then install a 2gb microsd card thinking the internal memory was a problem, but the custom screensaver is still not showing up. as others were experiencing, the ios app where to load the screensaver is showing black screen with no add to roku option. so disappointed with roku.

Guilemike

Jump to solution

Come on roku, are you going to let Jeff's Amazon out do you here???

Bring it back! I hate seeing your generic stuff on my screen. I want to see my wife and kids, not some roku channel exclusive scrolling by...

DRF

Re: Mobile screensaver/custom screensaver

Jump to solution

Had been using the Fire TV sticks for a couple of months to see if I like them. Brought my Rokus to Florida, set them up and my picture screen savers are missing on all of them. App has no area to reset them. Fire stick has that option although clunky. This might be my time to dump Roku... Even my Roku TV lost the option. I have 4 Roku devices that without the picture saver option just became obsolete...